Friday, March 26, 2010

 
I weigh 304 pounds today... 80 pounds down from my all-time high 15 months ago. And now that I've had Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery, I'm on a roller-coaster ride down down down.

For the curious, it's 24 pounds lost since surgery. The scale has only really begun moving in earnest over the last week or so. I guess my bod was recovering from the shock of surgery... and I had lost 56 pounds the year before surgery, with about 15 lost during the two-week liquid diet before surgery.

There! My first Weight Loss Surgery post outside of ObesityHelp.com. I'm thinking there may be more here as well as there.

Still evaluating my "blog strategy." It makes me smile when I type that. I don't feel like I have a purpose... nothing in particular to market. Don't have any plans to be a real "player" in the WLS blogger market... though I admire those who do. More about that another time.

Let me hear from you if you are a guy considering Weight Loss Surgery, or a post-op guy. There's no shortage of women on the net talking about WLS... not that there's anything wrong with that!!! Gosh, I married a woman and have stayed married for 20 years. It's just that we guys have a few different issues (we seem to need more protein in our diet, according to several sources I've seen, for example).

Maybe I'll add my $.02 to the WLS wisdom out there. We'll see, time will tell.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]